Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Striking 12

You know how some people say they don't really like babies, but they love their own kids? Or they're not huge cat people, but love their own? I'm discovering that I'm the opposite: I love cats, but can't stand Gracie. But I digress.

I had a not bad but very long work day--one of those after which you just want to go home in crash. Except I had a ticket to Striking 12. And it was so worth it. If you're in the area, go. If you're in the area and pregnant... well, on one hand, your child will be thrilled to be listed on your blog as having been there, but I have to warn you that it's pretty loud. But you've got a love a holiday musical that boasts a song called "Screwed-up People Make Great Art."

Also, I was thrilled that in addition to telling people to turn off their cells, they also said 'if you have candy to unwrap, do it now.' I don't understand people who can't sit through a play or musical--or a segment of one--without unwrapping candy, nor how they can possibly think it's not disturbing.

I saw "As You Like It" on Saturday. It was pretty good (but had it been a Wednesday night after work it wouldn't have been worth it). But there were people around me unwrapping their candy. And whispering. So whenever people go on about 'youth these days,' let me tell you that the elderly Saturday-afternoon theater-going crowd is in no position to point fingers.

No comments: