Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mid-Saturday roundup

I welcome the WMATA's erring on the side of safety, but, having grown up in Boston, I don't recall the MBTA ever shutting down above-ground services because of snow. I am happy that I'm not traveling this weekend. And that I had yesterday for my driving errands.

I found my Post. Pretty close to the house, and on the walkway. Which is already covered by what looks like another foot. The word 'Sisyphean' comes to mind, but I suppose Sisyphus didn't have hot chocolate to look forward to when he was done. And not only because he was never done.

I have remarked a decline in holiday cards, which makes me feel less bad about not having gotten mine yet. This is one trend I'm not willing to tie to the decline of Western Civilization (sexting, maybe).

Okay, off to get ready for a field trip to Trader Joe's. More later.

1 comment:

Ernessa, author of 32 Candles said...

Wow, I totally sent mine out on Wednesday w/ handwritten notes and everything, b/c I was so inspired by your post. I can't believe you haven't sent them out yet -- actually I can. I barely got that ish done. But I wanted to tell you that it was really nice including a note this time around. It made me actually think about all the people I was sending cards to and that filled me with a warm glow by the end of the project. We'll see if I can pull it off again next year since (IVF gods willing) I'll be pregnant and tired, but I definitely want to try.