Wednesday, December 23, 2009

More Tuesday roundup

Not having seen the movie, I'm not going to touch the racial aspect of the debate Milloy sums up, but I will take issue with something he mentions in passing: his preference for sci-fi movies that are pure mindless escapism. Is there such a thing, though? I love some good mindless escapism now and then (see "Dude, Where's My Car") but stoner flicks are are not sci-fi, and I wonder whether when heavily good-evil themed films like Star Wars and X-Men set the standard for your genre, you can get away with mindlessness.

Again, I side-step the key ethical issue and ask, why the f* would anyone pay to hear Michael Steele speak?

Regardless of the label, if you think chocolate or strawberry "flavor" is a "medical food", I don't know what to tell you.

One Senator quotes the bible right back at another.

No comments: