Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday roundup

That's just wrong.

First of all, this really undercuts the argument I've been making for years, i.e. if my people really controlled the media, I wouldn't be subjected to months of Christmas music. Second and third and so on, really? Really, orchestra board?

How awesome is it that DC houses of worship vie to host the the same-sex marriage bill signing?

I can't tell whether or not this woman is citing her special-needs kids as a reason not to send a holiday newsletter.

Petula Dvorak discovers the limits of working from home. Federal workers, incidentally, aren't allowed to telework when there are children in their care. I don't like to work from home because at work I have two screens, thus greater productivity, but I love having the option to work from home if I need to. I can't help but take issue with (a)the teleworking doctor's lack of concern for his patient's privacy and (b) Dvorak's reference to the unemployed as "the recession's white-collar detritus." The Post may be getting some letters about that, and rightly so.

Just a year ago, Robin Givhan had much less competition among people who care what DC wears.

No comments: