Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mom gets in some last digs of 2009

Mom: What time are you heading over?
A.: Around 8pm.
Mom: Will that give you enough time for crosswords?
A.: We may opt for boardgames instead.

Later

Dad: What are you doing with all those tomatoes?? Why so many??
A.: [Sigh.]
Dad: Is that for the salad? Salads are supposed to be green.
A.: It is green.
Dad: Who can eat that much salad? Oh, yeah, I forgot, you're not having real food.
A.: Between the [mushroom barley] soup, and the salad, and the lentils, I'll have plenty of food. But if I didn't, I'd rather go hungry than eat basa.

Dad: We have no sour cream.
Mom: I suppose we could use regular cream. [Turning to me] Or is that unhealthy?
A.: The more relevant point is that it adds nothing to the soup.

***
Yesterday

And I admit I deserved this one.

A.: Good job, you parked inside the lines.
Mom: You're such a clisma.

No comments: