Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve roundup

I never found "Little Drummer Boy" to be among the most offensive crimes against taste this time of year (see Jingle Bells, and I don't mean the Bollywood rendition, which, if you ask me, is an improvement on the original). Nonetheless, I'm glad to know that holiday music is good for something.

Some bloggers are going to hell (see fourth to last paragraph--to quote such words here would be to disgrace this blog).

Marketing via menu psychology. If there's no actual grandma behind 'grandma's cookies,' does that undermine truth in advertising, though? I fit squarely in the "recipes" type of diner. The most fun menu I've ever seen was that of Evil Dave's Grill in Jasper--check out the sinful starters, evil entrees and wicked wines. The food was really good, too.

Who knew that braids were hot?

There's an incredibly beautiful photo of a dripping icicle against a light blue sky in the Metro section of the Post. It hasn't come online yet, but I'll post it when it does.

I love Close to Home

No comments: