Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday morning roundup

So many jokes, but it's such a cheap shot that I'll let you use your imagination.

I'll admit to dirty little secrets, but listening to Celine Dion is not one of them (apart from some of her stuff in French, which isn't bad).

Save the menhaden.

What strikes me about sexting--and this is an appreciation of irony rather than a moral judgment--is the case of technology enabling people to be more primitive:
Said a high school girl: "If a guy wants to hook up with you, he'll send you pictures of his private parts or a naked picture. . . . It happens about 10 times a month."
It's the high-tech, human equivalent of 'I like you--here, sniff my butt.'

Awesome, effective animal rights activism from the ground up. Ineffective animal rights activism that pits people against animals. I don't necessarily disagree with the idea that it's wrong to kill animals for food when other options are available, but I feel more strongly about the fact that people are hungry, so if PETA wants to de-legitimatize the donation of hunted deer, they'd be better off donating massive amounts of non-animal protein rich foods to the hungry.

No comments: