Sunday, December 6, 2009

The awesomest friends in the world

This time last year, I was completely overwhelmed with house stuff. My house was barely inhabitable; the amount of painting/installing/repairing to be done was staggering. From any point in the house, I'd look up and have to fight off the despair. And then I'd invite friends over to help, and before I knew it, things that would have taken me ages on my own were already done. I felt like the luckiest person in the world for having the awesomest friends in the world.

Yesterday, I already felt like the luckiest person in the world for walking away from getting hit by an SUV with some bruises and strains. Two days later, I feel all-out blessed for being hit by an SUV and having friends that get me at the hospital, take me shopping, check on me, and beat down my door to clean, bring me food, and generally help out. On a practical level, my house looks ten times better than it did yesterday, and I have food and a functioning smoke detector. On a morale level, I'm just overwhelmed by the support and offers for support. There's nothing better than knowing that so many people have my back.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

it's wondeful to hear you have such a great support network. good friends are such blessing. hope you're feeling ok.