Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday evening roundup

What? Glenn Beck and the like don't let facts get in the way of a good news report?

An egregious case of deadly prison conditions stir Russians from their apathy. Although I'd argue it's more a sense of powerlessness.

Kids are officially germ factories.

Why do some people consider fresh produce a luxury too extravagant for poor people?

There's more to this article than this, but do buy wild Gulf shrimp.

I found Eugene Robinson's column a tad petty, but I also found this observation fascinating:
I was going to critique Woods's technique of adultery, or at least his apparent selection of playmates, as measured against a theory about philandering developed by my colleague Roxanne Roberts, who has spent years covering the capital's libidinous social scene for The Post. Roberts postulates that famous, powerful men who stray would be smart to choose women who have just as much to lose if the liaison were exposed. Some ultra-rich tycoon's young trophy wife, say, would fit that criterion. Cocktail waitresses and nightclub hostesses, not so much.

In fact, Woods seems to have hooked up with the kind of women who save old voice mails and text messages -- giving their high-priced legal counsel something to work with.
I also have to admit that I laughed at this:
Here's my real question, though: What's with the whole Barbie thing?

No offense to anyone who actually looks like Barbie, but it really is striking how much the women who've been linked to Woods resemble one another. I'm talking about the long hair, the specific body type, even the facial features. Mattel could sue for trademark infringement.
No this DOES NOT just about cover it. How about seatmates who let their kids physically abuse you?

No comments: