Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday evening roundup

Some Letters to the Editor reject one woman's perception of a war on Christmas.

I couldn't agree more with this letter writer, who calls on the Post to choose style over substance. This is an example of the kind of story the Post could use more of, while we can use less of the kind of "journalism" any idiot can produce by talking out of his ass about Tiger Woods and the Salahis.

***
Now, I, in turn, am inspired by Ernessa's comment, and I am determined to get my holiday cards sent. Of course, that would require acquiring holiday cards, and given the extent of adventure and exhaustion of our walk to Trader Joe's--normally ten minutes, probably at least twice as long in the snow--that will wait until tomorrow. I may get a head start with charity cards, which I keep around for emergencies like this but generally don't use.

Although I said in the original post about holiday cards that I'm rarely one for canned greetings and wishes, I'm whole-heartedly hoping that the fertility gods smile upon all of you who are counting on them.

Okay, off to remove yet another layer of snow I go.

No comments: