Thursday, December 29, 2011

WTF

I know that sometimes we, I have a tone that we're not aware of, but I promise you that whatever mom heard this morning was completely imagined. I was blogging when mom asked me about the oatmeal.

Mom: Is the oatmeal ready?
A.: I didn't know you were having oatmeal. I'll make you some.
Mom: Did you already have your oatmeal?
A.: Yeah. I can't exercise on an empty stomach.

I get up and make the oatmeal.

A.: You want dried fruit in yours?
Mom: Naturally. And seeds.
A.: What kind?
Mom: Any kind of seeds.
A.: Where are they?
Mom: In that cupboard.

I opened the cupboard, didn't see any seeds.

A.: I don't see any seeds, but I'll look around.
Mom: Hmph! There are seeds.
A.: Okay. Give me a minute.
Mom: I haven't even stretched yet.
A.: Okay, go stretch. We'll heat up the oatmeal when you're ready.
Mom: A.! Your tone! It's so rude! You don't talk to anyone else that way, just your parents! Especially me.
A.: I didn't even say anything, mom!
Mom: Yes you did! You're so rude.
A.: [Sigh.]

No comments: