Monday, August 31, 2009

I listen to old French music when I get into my nostalgic moods, and tonight I was too lazy to get up to get hard copies of old French music, so I sought it out on Youtube. I went for two of my favorites: Yves Montand's "Bicyclette" and Jean-Louis Marat's "Le Train Bleu," complete with that extra nostalgic kick in the butt: "entre Lyon et Geneve": Warning: the video is cheesy. But the song is beautiful.

The reason I bring this to your attention is that RM came in, thought it was beautiful and soothing. I don't know about soothing-- it's pretty depressing (and the man speaks French, so he'd know that). He asked me to play the video again... and stayed in the doorway until I found it, played it. It was a good thirty seconds, and it was awkward. And now I have that song in my head, but I guess that beats "Tabouleh."

No comments: