Thursday, August 20, 2009

RM update (no drama, but still)

So far so good with RM. Mind you, it's been two days, but he's gone above and beyond the call of duty. I'd gone out to dinner on Tuesday night and came home to a fed cat and clean, mowed backyard. And we caught up briefly both yesterday and today, but I didn't feel like I was mired in a conversation either day, and not just because he, also, had things going on-- he was actually respectful of the fact that I was tired and had $hit to do. He's also making himself useful by agreeing to consume the leftover gorp and cookies from the camping trip, because I sure as hell don't need to.

At this point, you may be waiting for the "but." It's not so much a "but" as a "really??"

RM: I brought pictures of my garden, in case you wanted to design something like it.
A.: I definitely want to get going on the garden. I've been holding off because I haven't had a chance to go to the hardware store to get wood for the raised beds. Is your garden on raised beds?
RM: No, it's just on the ground. You don't want to do that?
A.: Well, in this area, there's a good chance that there's lead in the soil.
RM: And that... reduces the nutritional value?
A.: It's poisonous.
RM: Oh.

Call me an effete elitist who perhaps needs to "get the facts," but I'd rather go with the raised beds.

No comments: