Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday morning roundup

Hmmm...:
"Critics on the left in Israel say they fear that the current calm is leading Israelis away from focusing on how to solve their conflict with the Palestinians.

Aluf Benn, a senior journalist for the leftist newspaper Haaretz, expressed his concern last weekend in an article, saying that the country had lost interest in coming to terms with its neighbors, a process that entails painful sacrifices in the name of coexistence."


Some gems from Maureen Dowd:

"Yet the art of talking, listening and ascertaining the truth seems more elusive than ever in this Internet and cable age, lost in a bitter stream of blather and misinformation."
"As Katy Abram told Fox News after passionately confronting Specter: “I know that years down the road, I don’t want my children coming to me and asking me, ‘Mom, why didn’t you do anything? Why do we have to wait in line for, I don’t know, toilet paper or anything?’”"


I heart the gecko.

Really, Huffington Post?

No comments: