Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday evening roundup

Check out the Daily Show's compendium of Glenn Beck's finest moments. This is very relevant to this blog, because Glenn Beck is my mom's hero. Nonetheless, I don't think any of the videos in the link are as good as the one I embedded a day or two ago.

Check out these really beautiful photos of Ramadan around the world.

Grist on why boycotting Whole Foods is not the answer. The writer of that piece evokes a great concept: "when a protest is only a click away." I understand that gives people an illusion of influence, especially given how powerless we feel as voters. But taking (cheap) action for the sake of taking action, without regard for the potential consequences, is masturbation, not activism.

Thankfully, my ab workout, which tends to happen during class, at the gym at work, has never had this effect on me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I must reiterate... Viewing Glenn Beck = insatiable desire to harm myself. Every time I see him my dwindling stockpile of hope for humanity erodes that much more. Now I must leave to go watch "Ow My Balls".