Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday morning roundup

Are scandals closing in around India's Prime Minister?

The food safety bill passes, not a moment too soon (politically). Speaking of needlessly politicized issues, pick your battles, people (or just lay off). Enter Tom Friedman's thought experiment.

I LOVE it! I hate school buses, and I love grammar... and Virginia residents have limited time to legally zip past stopped school buses--just, please don't hit any children--until they change the law, which is currently missing the preposition that would actually make the law meaningful.

Just lay off the drugs; drug-related driving deaths are up.

Awwww... I still love Geneva... but would I recognize it today? That picture brings back memories of the city in the winter--the pastries, the window shopping, the actual shopping. I kind of love that place.

The math of Groupon.

I was just explaining to someone at work--who was helping with the always-needlessly-controversial holiday displays there--that Jewish holidays tend to be 'they tried to kill us, they failed--let's part!' I owe that to someone, and it's cited in a past year's post on this blog--but it's an excellent description. Anyway, here's an assessment of where Hannukah fits in all that.

No comments: