Monday, December 6, 2010

Away through Thursday

This morning, I acknowledged that it was officially cold when I replaced the stack of blankets that I'd piled on, one by one over the last few weeks, with a down comforter. Then, I acknowledged that it was officially cold in another way: I retired the calamine lotion from my bedside table. It had been a such a fixture that I hadn't dared put it away, but, thank heavens, poison ivy season is officially over.

***
I tend to be overly ambitious in the mornings before an afternoon flight, which is fine in the summer and early fall when I get my butt out of bed at the crack of dawn, but as it gets colder, it's more tempting to just stay in bed (until a decadent 7am). The one out-of-the-house errand I managed to accomplish was to stock up on cat litter. Which brings me to a rant you've heard before: Old Town is awesome because you rarely have to drive anywhere... until you do. I would offer that there are very few situations in which it makes sense to drive in Old Town, of which lugging sixty pounds of kitty litter is one. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and walk (or bike).

On that note, I'm heading off. Have a great week!

No comments: