Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday evening roundup and cookbook (p)review

Oh, Helen Thomas.

Daily Kos takes issue with the Times article on overwhelmed mothers.

***
As I told you in my previous ramble, I realized that something had to give, food-wise. Which is not to say that something has to give in terms of foods omitted; I'm not going back to dairy. But I am going to go back to the prep-work that characterized my first macrobiotic weeks. I realized that if I'm going to make this work, I need to be better about making tasty, healthy food. So I bought some cookbooks.

The first half of "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch" is extremely disappointing--every recipe calls for fake meat and/or cheese. The cookbook redeems itself in its international section, and also provides vegan recipes for some key staples, as well as desserts with whole grains.

I also got a glycemic load and a detox cookbook. I'm not interested in either "theme," but both have some recipes that look amazing (and macrobiotic). I'll let you know how they turn out.

No comments: