Friday, December 31, 2010

Spoke too soon

Dad and I are making breakfast. We hear the vacuum cleaner in the next room, and then, mom comes in and starts sweeping. I go wash an apple to put in our oatmeal.

Mom: A.! Watch out! You stepped in the dirt pile.
A.: Mom, we're making breakfast. Which requires moving around the kitchen.
Mom: Well, you should have cleaned first, then started on breakfast. Don't you see all the dirt?
A.: No.
Mom: Well, you should have looked.
Dad: We're going to make a mess anyway. Let's just clean after breakfast.
Mom: What mess? No, I have to clean now. A.! You did it again!
A.: I'm not maneuvering around dust piles right now, mom.
Mom: Grrrrrrrrrr!!! Unbelievable!

Mom storms away.

***
Oh, and last night, mom hugged me good night, and insisted on pinching my apparently fat back (and making an appraising face in response).

No comments: