Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday evening roundup

Something for everyone in Foreign Policy's survey.

Is there a factory farm near you? Some disturbing findings.

The Euro crisis has begotten some unsavory food trends.

Colbert calls out the Secretary of Agriculture on the ironies of our food policy.

The perfect gift for the animal-lovers in your life (provided that they consume sugar).

Whatever, Rachel Maddow. I always eat the garnish.

Take this, anti-anti-obesity complainers: here's why obesity can be bad for capitalism. It is also nasty and kind of wrong (linking to it as well as the act itself), but once you commit a crime, you open yourself up to public ridicule.

Candorville is awesome.

Would these people please get a life? Same with the people referenced in this first letter to Miss Manners (though I recommend you read the others as well).

Did I tell you guys about how, on Dewey Beach last month, friends of a friend kept telling me I was "such a housewife" (and yes, I was too polite to say "f* you"). Anyway, that's an exploration of why that's so grating.

No comments: