Saturday, December 25, 2010

Huh?

I can't tell whether mom really likes talking to me while I'm in the bathroom, or whether she just likes talking to me when I can't hear her.

I was, again, brushing my teeth with an electric toothbrush (as I will continue to do, twice a day), when she opened the door and started talking to me. I have no idea what she said.

Then, after much "why are we still here/I don't know, what are you doing?" we went for a walk. I had on a fleece ear-band and the hood of my jacket. Mom would say something from ahead or far to the side. I told her I couldn't hear her and came closer. She would walk away again, or lag, or walk ahead, and again start talking about something. I would tell her I couldn't hear her. She would continue to talk without waiting for me to get closer.

***
Mom: You must get that vitamin, in the red bottle.
A., reading ingredients: The active ingredient is rice bran oil. I cook with rice bran oil and eat brown rice. I don't need this.
Mom: It's an amazing supplement.
A.: I get whatever it is through food.
Mom: You should also be taking pollen.
A.: Blech.
Mom: It's good for everything.
A.: I like food.

No comments: