Friday, December 31, 2010

Everyone's fat

A.: I just got off the phone with Nina. Here's the plan: we show up at her parents' place tomorrow, late morning. She and I go for a walk around the pond. You (and her parents) are welcome to join us, or do you own thing.
Mom: Well, maybe you just don't need to see Nina.
A.: Of course I need to see Nina. What is the issue?
Mom: Isn't today better?
Dad: Today is not better. We have banks to stop at and phone calls to make.
Mom: I just have no desire to go over there.
A.: Why not?
Mom: Look at you--you've gotten so fat!
A.: Could we maybe focus on making these plans?
Mom: Seriously--you've gotten fat!
A.: Okay, please back off and answer the question about tomorrow.
Dad: She's always on my back about being fat, too.
Mom: Of course! Of course you run to her defense!
Dad: What, do you not hound me about being fat? How is pointing that out, running to her defense?
Mom: You should stay out of this!
Dad: Stay out of what?
A.: Does anybody object for the plan for tomorrow? If so, call Nina's parents and make other arrangements.

No comments: