Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yep, past the point where I can appreciate kind gestures

I got in seconds before it started to pour, so I decided to cook for tomorrow's office potluck first, and then run out for the CSA pickup afterward. The latter mission accomplished, I parked and sat on my car to see if the next wave of pouring-down rain might let up. After a minute, I just got out and walked not that far to my front door. Which was then opened from the inside by RM.

A.: Thank you.
RM: I was going to run out to your car with an umbrella, but I thought you might not like that.
A.: Yes, that would have been unnecessary.
RM: Yes, I thought you'd think, I don't have a problem with a little bit of rain.
A.: Right.

Should I be happy that he's learning? Or annoyed that he's also slightly making fun of me?

A.: I don't know if you eat greens, but I have more than I can handle and that will keep before P.&A. get back and claim their share...
RM: What are greens?
[I show him one of the myriad varieties of greens from the coop]
RM: Oh, so, like salad.

Moron. I was about to say something, and then I thought it might be funny if he tried to make salad with the collard greens.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

hey,we're in a csa too. maybe you could share some recipes with me, I'm not at all familiar with many of the veggies we're getting and i'm sure we're getting many of the same ones. i had no idea what to do with some of the ones we got this week. my favorite so far was the elephant garlic, really tasty and great in lots of different things.