Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday evening roundup

My reaction to the last line of this article was WTF?? Apparently, that view was widely shared.

Passport comes through again, also in the WTF department, international a edition.

How not to try to take your foot out of your mouth.

On what I hope is a lighter note, the Post asks whether delayed adulthood is the new normal. For the record, I have a book called "Mid-life Crisis at 30" but I hate it. One of my favorite lines (of the article, not the book) is "Isn't it possible that these delayed adults are taking what the shrinks call a "developmentally appropriate" old feeling and giving it a new name, like the bananas that are now marketed as "all natural" when in fact they have always been all natural?" That's how I felt when I first saw onions in the supermarket touted as having no cholesterol.

No comments: