Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday morning roundup

I reiterate that while it's no less than tragic that so many people doing important work are persecuted for it, it's heartening that people keep doing it.

Susan Jacoby asks a good question.

I guess it's true: my people do run the media, and the government.

I agree with Maureen Dowd's overall message, and I'd agree that it's "not the same" here, but I'll have her know that "here" is hardly a cultural black hole.

I just love the title of this unextraordinary, yet encouraging column from Kathleen Parker.

By the way, in case you were wondering, I was one of the four people that voted in the Virginia primaries yesterday. It was eerie to see that normally-crowded-on-election-day polling place with nary a soul apart from the volunteers. And yes, I voted for Mr. Deeds, and not just so I could say it. I'd actually made up my mind before the Post endorsed him-- upon watching the debate. He's more socially conservative than I am (not hard) but I he convinced me he was the right man for the job.

No comments: