Tuesday, June 23, 2009

FSA

So, I thought that my crown was going to cost me $350 on top of my insurance coverage, so I put that much in my FSA. Turns out, insurance covered it all. Who knew?

So now I have $350 to use up. Here are my options:

1) Leave it; who knows what emergency I'll get myself into between now and March.
2) Get my wisdom teeth pulled. They don't bother me, but my dentist has recommended it several times (an oral surgeon would do it, so she has nothing to gain). Cons: pain, followed by liquid diet.
3) Get my hammertoe fixed. That does bother me, but I don't want to be out of commission for two weeks. But it would be nice to be more comfortable in nice shoes. Haven't done the math on this one (figured out how much it would cost and how much my insurance would and would not cover)
4) Is fat camp an allowable expense?
5) Lifetime supply of bandaids.
6) Is medicinal marijuana legal in Virginia? Could combine that with extraction of wisdom teeth.

Too bad I can't use it for my vet bill.

Anyway, I'll put a poll up tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your votes.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

ugh...i used up this year's fsa allocation by early may i think. allergy testing would probably cost you your deductible and wipe out your fsa, it did most of our along with a ton of other unexpected expenses b/c of the newest little one. he's a medical marvel.