Thursday, June 25, 2009

Shoutout to the gofug girls

First of all, I LOVE ven diagrams. They are so useful, and yet so underutilized. I loved Marshall's Cecelia ven diagram on How I Met Your Mother, and it is ever so appropriate to the point that Jessica makes here.

And it is a very good point: Kate Moss can pull anything off. Sadly, in addition to being able to pull off all sorts of clothing that would look like crap on just about anybody else, she is also able to pull off a commercial following for said clothing. Such that people who have no business trying to pull off what she pulls off, try to pull it off. I've actually addressed this issue on these pages before, at least once (Athens airport), so I'm thrilled that the Gofugyourself girls are on it.

And while we're on celebrities, can the Post please stop stalking Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhall? Who the f* cares where they've been sighted?

And while we're still on the topic of celebrities, I'm absolutely shocked about Michael Jackson. Equally sad about Farah Fawcett, but she was before my time, so not as much of a shock. With Michael Jackson, I imagine this is how people must have felt when Elvis passed away.

No comments: