Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday evening roundup with some mom blog

MSN brings us the Customer Service Hall of Shame. You won't be shocked at the "winners."

Nor will you be shocked that mom has asked me to write another complaint letter. It's not a lot to ask, given that she gave birth to me and stuff, but (a) she gives me so little to work with:

A.: Could you send me the details?
Mom: I've just told you the details.
A.: Not enough for me to put together a coherent letter.

and (b) she admits that the letter won't resolve the issue; it's an exercise in principles, a warning to others (she wants the letter addressed to AARP). In case members join the same health club.

Oh, so the issue is that she developed a gym-class related injury and quit the gym on her doctor's orders. Except the gym wouldn't take the doctor's note and required the doctor to call. Which he/she did, but for some other reason it wasn't good enough. They also demand proof that it's a permanent, rather than temporary injury. The gist is, they're requiring about the same amount of paperwork, in order to cancel her membership, as one would require to take out a mortgage. These days, anyway-- not back when they were handing them out to anyone with a pulse.

***
The stupidest f*ing thing I've ever heard. And you'll recall that I almost said that about something the other day, but couldn't say it definitively, because I've heard a lot of stupid things? Well, I'm more confident about this one.

No comments: