Sunday, June 14, 2009

Museums

I've not been to many museums in DC that charge admission, although some (Phillips, Corcoran, etc.) are moderately priced and well worth it. I've not been to any of the pricier ones, including the Spy Museum, Newseum and Museum of Crime and Punishment, and when I pass any of those on the way to or from work or happy hour, I don't see lines out the door, but I just don't know how busy they do or don't get. I'd think that in a city where you have so many varied and amazing free museums, it'd be tough to get visitors (or locals) to shell out $20 or so for museum admission. But it is DC, and there are a lot of visitors, and some of them are bound to go, so I guess it's not an altogether terrible business model. We can only hope that that's more than can be said for this place.

Now here is a museum worth the price of admission.

No comments: