Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rant

Why am I up? I have a long day ahead and could have used a good night's sleep. It's not like I can catch up on sleep any time during the day, like the ungrateful little pain in the @$$, whom I house and feed, that woke me up at 3:30am. I couldn't go back to sleep.

When my roommate was further putting his foot in his mouth by explaining his behavior--i.e. elaborating on his 'I see you as a sister comment'--he said that it was purely endearing, he sees me like a Gracie. I said that I was not Gracie to him. He didn't seem to understand why I found that offensive.

And actually, he's more like Gracie to me, except that he does pay rent. If only I could not renew her lease. But they're both equally unreceptive to feedback. Have I ever fed her earlier just because she's woken me up, or been annoyingly vocal? Then why does she keep doing it? Her behavior is understandable, because she has a small brain.

With roommate, I'm not sure what the issue is. When we had our discussion, I was trying to be as open as possible to his perspective: we have different communication styles, and mine wasn't direct enough for him. But the more I think about it, the more I feel manipulated: I had been direct, and he chose not to listen. I told him everything he needed to know. So where does he get off telling me that I needed tell him when he was doing something that was bothering me? What good is telling him if it's going to go in one ear and out the other? Just because you ignore something because you don't want to hear it, doesn't mean I haven't told you.

As before, he hasn't done anything new to incite my ire, but I guess since Gracie has, and I see parallels, I'm taking my anger out on him. He did show another sign of Not Getting It last night, by informing him that he was going to be back late the following evening. Have I not established that I don't give a f* about his comings and goings, that he doesn't need to make me aware of them?

BTW, no roundup this AM... nothing blogworthy yet. Peace out.

No comments: