Friday, June 5, 2009

Mixed roundup

I try to remain grounded, unbiased, what have you, but think I'm in political love. This is unchartered territory for me. And it doesn't mean I agree with every policy.

As for the haters--and I can't find some of the sillier ones from the Post's discussion board yesterday, come on, people. Be serious. Be realistic. Get out of the mindset(s) that have kept us trapped for generations.

Is the conservative media defining the discourse?

There were also a bunch of articles in the Post about how liberal groups both have more influence and don't really know what to do with themselves now. Just check yesterday's paper if you care-- I don't really recommend any of the articles individually.

Roll your eyes at this.

But carry this handy cheatsheet with you to the fishmonger's.

Oh, and this article so speaks to me. I was determined to buy a house I actually wanted to live in, and make it livable for me.

1 comment:

etc at Fierce and Nerdy said...

You know, I was just think about so many conservative talking heads the other day and tsking. I do remember in college respecting that my fellow students who were Republicans and right-wingers often had really good arguments for their views, but the current low-level of right-wing argument re: Sotomayor and Obama's Cairo speech make me wonder where they're keeping the intelligent conservative thinkers. I know for a fact that they're out there and I wonder why they've been given such short-shrift by news outlets.