Friday, June 19, 2009

RM update

I came home a bit early today. RM apparently had the day off, but he was out when I got in. When he got in, he said hello, and offered a hug.

RM: Is everything okay?
A.: Everything's fine.
RM, open-armed: You look like you need a hug.
A.: No. I really don't.

RM: I'm going to go down to the Mall. Take the metro.
A.: Do you know where you're going?
RM: Yes, through the back...
A.: I mean, which stop, which line...
RM: Only one line going that way [pointing north]!
A.: No. Actually, there are two...
RM: Oh.

A bit later, on his way out

RM: If you ever need anything, anything at all, I'm here.
A.: Okay...
RM: Really, if there's anything at all.
A.: Is there a reason you think I might need something?
RM: No. I'm just saying, that's what friends are for. Friends with a small "f," I mean.

I didn't say 'you can go away so I can get on with my pre-ballet nap.'

No comments: