Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday morning roundup

It's about time. Some of these things are no-brainers. I cringe sometimes about giving to Smith because of how much money they waste--something not lost on me when I was a student there.

These revelations are shocking for many reasons. This one scares the crap out of me:
"The North Korean insurance monopoly sometimes took advantage of the geographical and political ignorance of brokers and reinsurers, according to the London-based insurance expert. Some brokers and companies, he said, thought they were dealing with a company from South Korea, while others were unaware that North Korea is a secretive totalitarian state with one of the world's worst human rights records."


These homebuyers who defy the location, location, location mantra don't regret their decision.

When I first read this, I thought, why would credit card companies annoy their "best" customers, but I quickly realized that it's because they consider them, i.e. those most likely to pay their bills fully and on time, deadbeats.

No comments: