Friday, June 12, 2009

Random post

First of all, roommate update/educational moment: The only non-personal roommate issue that came up yesterday is that I asked him to recycle. So today, he asked me whether the plastic container that had held his dinner was recyclable. I indicated the triangle on the bottom. He said "Ohhhhh."

Now I'm about to say something that's going to sound racist, but it's actually just classist, if that's any better. I say this as someone who has studied (and fallen in love with) Latin American literature and--the classic disclaimer of someone about to say something offensive--has many Latin American friends. Why the f* are the people blasting music down the block listening to such CRAPPY music? Why? Why am I hearing a Latinized, muzaked version of "Groovy Kind of Love"?

No comments: