Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday morning roundup

When this broke, my former project manager called (for unrelated, i.e. work related, reasons) and mentioned it. He echoed what I'd been thinking--that he couldn't wait to hear what the comedians had to say. It's such a gift to them. I also couldn't wait to read what Gail Collins had to say; I knew it'd be good. I am surprised she didn't give him credit for dragging his wife to the press conference, but one of the Post columnists did that. I usually find Post reader comments to be too out of control, but some of these are genius.

I was hoping, for the sake of newspapers everywhere, that this would not bump, for example, Iranian election aftermath off the front pages, and in the case of the Post, also not bump the metro accident. Thankfully, that's been the case, although I wonder whether it's because this infidelity stuff is no longer news

In other real news, if you think our nativist xenophobes are scary, Northern Ireland really has some work to do.

Meanwhile, in Russia, hell has frozen over, in a good way.

No comments: