Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday evening ramble

We issued a product on Tuesday... and promptly started working on our next project. This morning, we (P. and I) met with our new assistant director, who, at the end of the meeting, said that management was recently advised to "talk about diversity" when starting work with new people.

A.: I'm Jewish, which translates into the following: (1) I talk a lot; (2) I'm obsessed with food; and (3) I have mom issues. Oh, and while we're on demographics, I'm also "single woman with cat," and I have a gay husband.

***
Speaking of demographics, I was thinking of Petula Dvorak's column, and how out of touch she is with the whole "one of your cars is a hybrid and the other is an SUV" business. How about, one of my cars is a Corolla (purchased used) and the other is a bicycle, but I don't judge people with SUVs, particularly because my friends who have them are kind enough to help me move furniture?

No comments: