Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cold, unfeeling...

Mom: I'm calling the ___s.
A.: [Sigh].
Mom: They're wonderful people.
A.: I'm not disputing that. I'm just tired.
Mom: They love you.
A.: Mom, it's not personal; I'm just not up for a big social gathering. I actually thought we were in agreement on that.

Five minutes later

Mom: Oh, we have so much food. I'm calling the ___s too.
A.: [Sigh.]
Mom: They care about you.
A.: Mom. I have nothing against your friends. I care about them, too. I'm just tired.
Mom: I'm more tired.
A.: It's not a contest.
Mom: They're wonderful. All our friends love you, for some reason.
A.: They're entitled to their feelings.
Mom: You're such a jerk. I would be grateful.
A.: I am. I just don't need to see them all tonight.
Mom: You're so cold, unfeeling, [word I don't know], [other word I don't know].
A.: What does that mean?
Mom: It means... you think you know everything better than everyone else.
A.: What does that have to do with anything?
Mom: I know you'll fight me on this, but you're just so harsh and without warmth.
A.: Why would I fight you on this? When have I fought you on any accusationsagainst my character? It's not worth my breath.
Mom: Fine! Be that way.
A.: I am.

No comments: