Tuesday, March 31, 2009

So there

I'm not trying to gloat, but I do feel the need to establish, particularly in response to mom's implications, that I'm not stupid just because I bought I house last fall. The Post's 2009 Housing Review is out, and I'll direct your attention to what it has to say about Old Town: "In Alexandria, prices rose 5 percent in the already-pricey Zip code that includes Old Town." Nor am I, as it were, obsessing about housing prices when I should be getting ready for work; I am merely waiting around until it gets light enough to take on the Mt. Vernon trail. And while I'm at it, check out the latest in the debate on the environmental impact of animal agriculture, which is actually why I became a vegetarian in the first place. On other environmental matters, the man who brought us the idea that the only outrage over Abu Ghraib should be directed at those outraged, has something to say. Also, for those that cook, the Well Blog's sesame quinoa salad recipe is quite good.

No comments: