Sunday, March 1, 2009

I knew it

I somehow knew that my ongoing washer-and-dryer saga wouldn't be resolved today. Never mind that today was the day, over a month after I placed the order, that my new washer and dryer would be delivered and installed. You read that correctly: Sears kindly charged them to my credit card a month ago and only arranged for delivery today. But that's not all: nowhere in the order process-- in which I opted to purchase delivery and installation-- did Sears bother to tell me that the deliverers would not install the gas dryer. They're not licensed. I'd have to call to have that arranged.

So I called. And then I called another number. And then another. And then another. And I still don't know when the dryer will be installed (but I do know I'll have to be home during the workday, which I had hoped to avoid) and the ancient one hauled-away (that, too, was paid for). And they weren't able to generate an estimate for how much it will cost. Even though it was supposed to be included.

On the bright side, it is nice to be doing laundry in my own house--and of course I have not one but two drying racks. And it's nice to see the energy star arrow on the new machine pointing toward the beginning of the spectrum. But it would be really nice to be able to use the dryer that I paid for, and even nicer not to have to keep waiting around for service technicians. This was supposed to be it for now. I'll let you know when it is.

No comments: