Sunday, March 1, 2009

DON'T shop Sears for appliances

Do you know how much those jerks want to charge me for a service that I was led to believe was included (i.e. when I paid for it)?? For someone to come out at my inconvenience and connect a gas dryer, they want $180. Ironically, this is exactly what BestBuy wanted to charge me for installing the microwave, but thankfully they were such an unbelievable pain in the ass that I had no choice but to go with someone else for installation (and ended up paying around $25 for it). Well, Sears is just as much of a pain-- they've kept me on hold, transferred me around, and hung up on me--so even if a local plumber charges as much, I'd still rather go with someone else. I am taking this well: the (new) dryer is stacked atop the washing machine, so it's not in my way, although I'd be happy to have the old one out. And I've been without a dryer for long enough now that it's not that much of an inconvenience to do without for another few weeks. It is annoying, though.

I've sent Sears an e-mail letting them know why I won't turn to them when I get sick enough of my fridge's freezing its contents even on the lowest setting. I kind of feel better.

No comments: