Monday, March 16, 2009

Clingingtomysanity goes high-tech

I wanted to answer some questions about the trip, but first, I want to share a video that, according to Nate DAWG, "sums up our trip quite nicely."

I'll also embed some videos from the trip. If I may say so myself, some of them are hilarious. But first, the (infrequently) asked questions:

Q: Did you guys get along?
A.: Brilliantly. On the cruise, I shared a room with Nate and Richard, and Marcela shared with Jhon, but we were barely in the rooms. I was slightly apprehensive beforehand, considering that in China, I was ready to go nuts after a few nights of sharing a room with my mother, but with this crowd I hardly noticed the two other people in the room for four nights. They were all considerate-- the night of the party, I crashed at about 11:30 and the guys came in after 1am; I fell straight back to sleep, and it was fine. Whereas my mother would wake me up in the middle of the night because she felt like it or wanted attention, they were actually out doing something and it was inevitable. Who knows-- maybe I was the big pain in the butt and they couldn't wait to be rid of me; I'll never know because, as mom would say, they're very polite.

Q: Did you get sunburned?
A: No, my friends. After too many bad experiences, I have mastered the art of sunscreen. Unfortunately, I have also come to believe I am allergic to sunscreen, as I had rashes all over my arms toward the end of the trip (same thing happened last year in China when I was regularly sporting sunscreen).

In case you're wondering, Richard's generic CVS sunscreen smells better than my generic Target (Banana Boat knockoff) sunscreen. The sunscreens were communal among the five of us, and I left mine with Marcela, since any sunscreen costs a fortune over there. This allergy thing is good rationalization to splurge on nice-smelling, sensitive skin sunscreen (I love my Aveeno products).


Q: How hard was it to come back?
A: I would have loved to stay a bit longer, but it wasn't that hard. I still have that post-vacation glow/goofy smile, in spite of having faced a clusterf*--and I mean clusterf*--of spreadsheets at work today, but my head is not far enough up my @$$ to complain about any job in this economy, much less one that I generally enjoy. Besides, I have another vacation coming up shortly (and yes, I plan to look like less of a cow for that one...for real this time).

***
The videos, starting with nature...







...and onto some not-really-nature videos:














No comments: