Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ahh, vacation

My bags are packed; a good amount of work is done--even to the extent that I think I can get away without logging in tomorrow before the trip; my house is clean, or at least it smells like swiffer cleaner; one set of clothes is in the wash--I think I'm moving up in the world, as I got worried for a few minutes because my new washing machine was hardly making any noise. Gracie's about to get her teeth brushed and I'm about to sew a much-needed button on a pair of pants I'm bringing on the trip. I am so, so, so ready for this vacation. I mean, personally ready, as well as logistically ready. I'm really only logistically ready because Marcela essentially planned this entire vacation for me and the other people going on the trip.

Between madness at work and madness at the house, I haven't quite had the chance to register that I'm going, until now, much less plan for the trip. Now that I can actually think about it, I can't wait to see Marcela, to see a new continent/country/natural wonder, to spend time with fun people for a straight week, and to take a break from work and the house. The work thing is kind of weird because I like my job so much... the exhaustion sneaks up in a whole new way because on a daily basis, I like going to work. But it's been almost a year since I've had more than a few days off at a time, and I really need the break. Hopefully I'll come back a happier, more relaxed blogger. I'll miss you all (all six or so of you who actually read regularly)... and I'll look forward to telling you about the trip when I return.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll have a great time - safe and happy travels and be sure to come back with lots of pics!

Hans Mundahl said...

Have fun!

Tmomma said...

I still ready daily. Have a great trip!