Monday, January 11, 2010

Won't be going back there...

...and now I can say that with conviction because I've been there. There being, Founding Farmers.

There wasn't any one thing that was awful... it was just a bunch of little things that were 'eh.'

Like the light but constant deep fryer smell. Or maybe shallow fryer smell. But the place smelled like fried food.

And that my salad arrived with the dressing all over it, rather than on the side as requested. When you're paying $16 for a salad, it's not too much to ask that it's made 'to order.' As often, the dressing was overwhelming--just a bit overwhelming, but still. I'd have preferred to have less of it.

Then a friend's mousse came with caramel drizzle, after she'd specifically asked that it be omitted. She wouldn't have said anything had it not been for my salad (about which I hadn't said anything, to the waiter--it was only afterward, when we were discussing how mediocre our meals had been, that I mentioned it). I'm glad she spoke up.

So there you have it: fried-smelling, overpriced, and mediocre (in terms of food and service). And yet, crowded, even on a Monday night, with a line to get in by the time we left. I don't get it.

***
Response to comment

T, I'll have been at this job for two years next month, and I can't believe they're still showing Fox News at that gym! We were fighting that fight back when I was working out there! Unf*ingbelievable.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

at least the tv in the lobby is on CNN. And we have this new aBay suggestion box and there was huge support to change the channel in the gym, even if it was to the weather channel. still nothing! i'd rather the tv be off than to have to try to run to Fox News and the crazy commercials that come along with it. so the base gym gets my business now :)