Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saturday morning roundup

Across Mexico, women channel their aspirations for the new year through the color of their unmentionables. In India, the morning-after pill reflects change.

Wah, wah--look, people, if this is how you react to having to pay five cents for a grocery bag, consider what other travesties you might come across in your life. Let's bring the bag tax to VA--there was a plastic bag hanging from my rose bush this morning. It's mostly McD's wrappers that blow in. The front yard fence is going up as soon as the ground thaws again.

I suppose I should direct your attention to the Post's list of what's out and what's in.

Okay, off my butt and to the grocery store, for real this time.

1 comment:

Priya said...

I love how that DC councilmember says that the five cent bag tax is controversial because it makes people think before going to the store. too. hard. brain. hurts. :P