Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday morning roundup

Even as I cringe, I have to admit that the pun with which Charles Blow closes his column is awesome. Speaking of awesome, Gail Collins delivers as usual.

I know it's "a behavioral economist's dream," but people need to get over the DC bag fee. Apparently, an unanticipated benefit is that people are buying less crap, out of self-consciousness.

I'm as averse to waste as anyone, but I'm also cognizant that poor people are not repositories for garbage. There's a difference between donating something still good but not right for you, and donating something unusable (unwearable, unreadable) for anyone. But yes, try to donate or recycle before simply tossing.

This is funny. This too. I stumbled on it while looking for this, which is less funny than 'pathetic but true.'

No comments: