Monday, January 25, 2010

Phone call

The battery on my cell phone was running very low so I turned off the phone. I only remembered to turn it on half an hour or so ago, and when I did, three messages were waiting for me:

(1) Dad: Hi! Sorry we missed your call last night, we were out. We'll call again, or call us.

(2) Mom: Where are you? I don't get it. Call us.

(3) Mom: Where could you possibly be in this weather? I mean, really? It's getting late. And the weather! Look, call us.

***
Mom: Hello?
A.: Hi, Mom.
Mom: [V.!]
A.: Mom, could you not scream into the earpiece, please?
Mom: Could you not use that tone with me, please?

Mom, holding the phone away: V.!!!
A.: That's better, thanks.

***
Nothing more to see, people. It wasn't a Skype call, so "why are you fat?" and "what's wrong with your hair?" would have been especially gratuitous (which is not to say that that's much of an impediment, but mom wasn't in an especially gratuitous mood. Rest assured, though, that I'll keep you posted in the event of future verbal carnage.

No comments: