Sunday, January 3, 2010

My parents are a mess

I wasn't going to blog about this because my parents are doing me a huge favor, which they have to do because I stupidly left my cell phone charger at their house. But I can't help myself, at this point.

I just got an e-mail from dad asking for my mailing address.

Really?

Do anyone else's parents not have their mailing address?

***
Earlier

Skype convo
Mom: I can't find it. What does it look like?
A.: It's black and both ends are rectangular.
Mom: Huh.
A.: I'll send you a link.
Mom: Ohhh--it's Sony Ericsson? I was looking for something that said AT&T. I think I did see something like that.
A.: Great!

***
Two days ago (different topic)

Mom: Did you have spiced rum recipes?
A.: Huh?
Mom: Henrietta said that a while ago, you'd said you had rum recommendations and recipes.
A.: The Post just published recipes for spiced and buttered rum. I'll send them your way. My rum of choice is Flor de Cana, with a tilde/squiggle over the 'n'.
Mom: Have you tried those recipes?
A.: No, I haven't made anything with rum in ages, apart from desserts. No drinks, though.
Mom: Why does that brand sound familiar?
A.: I'd brought some back from Nicaragua. You might still have some in the house, but I didn't see any.
Mom: Why rum?
A.: Regional drink, I guess.

No comments: