Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Convo, not in order

Jay: The breakfast is little hot dogs, did you see that?
A.: What? No! They better f*ing have something for breakfast that's not little hot dogs.
Jay: I don't see a twin bed.
A.: Whatever, we've shared a bed before--remember when that guy in Panama moved us to a room with one bed?
Jay: Yeah, I was just thinking about that--and how you screamed because of the massive spider and hallucinated a hole in the wall.
A.: At least this time there won't be any roosters to keep us up from 4am. In any case, we'll see if we can 'upgrade' to two twin beds when we get there.
Jay: I'm having reservation-booking PTSD, I've so had it.
A.: I know, me too, and I haven't even been at it as long. This is the most complicated set of reservations I've ever had to make.

***
Group Skype chat

[10:02:39 PM] Richard: that's teh one next to the station
[10:02:59 PM] Richard: single (which is a full sized bed) is like 145/night for 2 ppl in it; twin room is like 223 though
[10:03:21 PM] Jason: hmm, 145 isn't too bad
[10:03:24 PM] Richard: so not bad for us but horrible for u guys
[10:03:31 PM] Jason: we can share for a night, as long as you're not too offended
[10:03:55 PM] A.: as long as Jay doesn't introduce any large arachnids on the bed, as he has in the past
[10:04:45 PM] Richard: ????
[10:04:52 PM] Richard: Susan would murder someone if they did that to her
[10:05:07 PM] A.: we were in Panama, and this hotel owner thought we were a couple so our second night he moved us to a room with one bed
and no door on the bathroom
very romantic
we'd gone on a 10-mile hike the day before, were exhausted
Jason: he said there were no spiders in that part of panama (!!??!!)
[10:05:37 PM] A.: went for a quick walk in the morning, came back to pack
I collapsed on the bed.
Jay put his suitcase on the bed
opened it
said, "A., get off the bed!"
I said, "huh, I'm tired" what? what's happening. I look up, and there's this GYNORMOUS spider, inside the suitcase
there was no escaping
until I screamed bloody murder and the spider ran away
Richard: i'm sure it was the screaming that ran him off
Jason: surely it wasn't my dirty clothes :O
[10:08:22 PM] Jason: cool--also close to a 7/11
[10:08:40 PM] Richard: that man is determined to be in a 7/11

No comments: