Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday evening roundup

The legendary Julia Child is especially respected among her fellow Smithies, and I now value her legacy even more, knowing that she introduced real food to the country.

The impact of meat eating on the environment is no joke. It's why I became a vegetarian in the first place. That, as the article states, nobody wants to talk about it at the risk of sounding preachy and alienating people, doesn't make it any less true.

I love this (alas, more embedding woes, so if you click on a different day, you have to look for today's cartoon).

Examples of Darwinism in the job market.

Kathleen Parker has high hopes for what a beer can do. I can't say I'm not disappointed, though, with one of those beers being a Budweiser.

Over-reliance on technology: a cautionary tale.

No comments: