Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Complaint letter update

Yesterday morning, mom finally sent me a draft letter about her gym membership saga. She sent it at about 8am, with a note saying, "if you're going to add anything, do so ASAP." She didn't call me or anything-- it was by pure chance that I saw the e-mail within half an hour of her having sent it. I didn't have a whole lot of time but took a few minutes to make some changes. Her issues are valid--the gym is being obnoxious--but I'm not sure how she ever expected me to keep the facts/timeline straight. I could only help her once she put it on paper. I didn't even need it in paragraph form, but even something like: November-joined the gym; January-started experiencing pain in joints; would have helped. Telling me this stuff on the phone, particularly before she tells me that I'll be writing a letter, and then insisting that she's already provided all the detail I need, just doesn't help either of us. Nor does sending her draft when she knows I'm already at work and entreating a prompt response. But it worked out, I hope.

No comments: